Last updated: 11/18/2020
Journey Center Association
2777 Yulupa Avenue #144
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact phone: +1 707-200-8565
This website may collect personal data from its users. We take our users’ privacy and the security of the data we collect seriously. The Journey Center Association will not share personal data with or sell it to third-party marketers.
- The purpose and types of data collected
- How this data is used and with whom it may be shared
- Your rights regarding the use of your data
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your data
- “You” or “your” refers to the user of this website. “We” or “us” or “our” refers to the owner/creator of this website (The Journey Center Association).
- Online Experiences: Online experiences refers to all free and paid workshops, classes, groups, retreats, etc. (live and previously recorded) that are offered through this website.
- Personal Data: Personal data means data about an individual that can identify that person.
- Usage Data: Usage data is data collected automatically by the use of the website.
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a user’s device.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal Data may be freely provided by you (the user) through forms, or, in the case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this website.
Personally identifying data submitted through forms is voluntarily provided by you after you have explicitly given us consent to process, use and store this data (by checking the agreement checkbox).
Personal data collected may include the following:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Registration and payment* data for an online experience or donation
- Any other written data you submit through a form
*When making a donation or paying for an online experience, financial data will be collected by our Third Party payment processing services only (PayPal) and will not be stored on this website, or by us elsewhere. Wherever we collect sensitive data, that data is encrypted and transmitted in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
We will only collect data that is absolutely necessary for allowing us to provide the services we offer through this website and for improvement of those services. (See the section below on how this data is used for a complete description of these services.)
Usage, Tracking and Cookies Data
We also use data to improve the services we offer through this website via usage statistics (Google Analytics tracking) and Cookies. This data is aggregated (with the exception of IP address), not personally identifying and will not be used to contact you or identify you in any way.
Usage data collected automatically (via Google Analytics and Cookies) may include:
- IP Address
- Browser statistics, Hardware used, Internet Service Provider
- Data about behavior on our site, including how you came to our site and the pages you visited, time spent, etc.
Cookies and how we use them
- Record website usage data
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website
- Test content on our website
- Recognize when you return to our website
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How this data is used and with whom it may be shared
The data we collect on our site is used solely for the purpose of carrying out the services we offer on this website. These services include:
- Responding to your requests for contact or information about our organization or services
- Personalization of content
- Account set up and administration
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site when you choose to do so
- Running of online experiences: classes, groups, retreats, streaming sessions, etc.
- Internal research and development purposes
- Delivering marketing and events communications**
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To gather analysis or valuable data so that we can improve our services
- To monitor the usage of our services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about goods, services and events we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about (unless you have opted not to receive such communications)
We do not use data collected on this website for any form of automated profiling or decision-making.
**We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other data that you have requested about our services only. We will not contact you with promotions from 3rd party vendors or service providers. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We are the sole owner of the data collected on this site. We will not sell or rent this data to anyone. We will not share your data with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request and complete the services offered on our site as described below.
3rd Party Service Providers
We use the following third-party service providers to process and store your data (you can see the links to their privacy policies, as well):
- Mailchimp (The Rocket Science Group, LLC), which we use to manage email marketing subscriber lists and send emails to our subscribers. https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy
- Google LLC, which provides our email service & Analytics http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Sonic.net, Inc., which provides our email service. https://www.sonic.com/privacy-policy
- GoDaddy Group, Inc., which hosts the journeycenterassociation.org website. https://www.godaddy.com/legal-agreements?checkAvail=1&tmskey=&domainToCheck=privacy%2Bpolicy
- SiteGround, which hosts the journeycenter.org website: https://www.siteground.com/viewtos/privacy_policy
- Automattic, Inc., whose WordPress software (and associated add-ons) we use to manage the content of this website. https://automattic.com/privacy/
- Vimeo, who hosts the videos we have embedded on our website: https://vimeo.com/privacy
Links to external websites
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable data.
How long we retain your data
We will retain all of your interaction history with our website indefinitely. We store the content of all forms, including contact, prayer and event registration data. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Your Rights regarding the use of your data
If you have an account on this site, or you have submitted form communications, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Legal Basis for Processing Data and How to Revoke Consent
By using this website, you are also consenting to us collecting Usage Data. If you would like to prevent us from collecting your usage statistics, please see the following articles about how to turn off tracking. (Please note, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Services.)
- If you would like to prevent Google Analytics from collecting your data, please add a blocker to your browser: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time by letting us know. You can also do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number at the beginning of this policy:
- Inquire about what data we have about you, who has access to it and how it is being used
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you and withdraw your consent to us using your data
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
- Object to the processing of your data or restrict how your data is used
- Receive a copy of your data and transfer it elsewhere
- Submit a complaint about the usage of your data
Security and Data Protection
We take precautions to protect your data from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction. When you submit sensitive data via the website, it is protected and encrypted by an SSL Certificate, which authenticates the identity of the site and makes it very difficult for data to be read if intercepted. Before installing any 3rd party plugins on our site, we research the background and track record of the security of the plug-in. We also keep our site updated regularly and use security monitoring software to make sure your data is safe and protected. When sending data to 3rd party applications via our website (such as MailChimp, Paypal), we make sure that we only use reputable companies with strict security and privacy policies in effect.
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Data processing is carried out using our computers and/or IT enabled tools. In addition to the owner, in some cases, the data may be accessible to certain types of persons in the organization involved with the operation of this website (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, and communications agencies). The current list of these 3rd parties was disclosed above.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that data from our servers.